Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back to work!

      Well, I've been officially back to work for 2.5 weeks now and thankfully Cailynn has been infection free!  We had an ultrasound last Thursday followed by a visit to the urologist and everything looks great!  We have an appointment in 6 months for another ultrasound, VCUG, and urologist.  I was told that there is a slight possibility that the VU reflux could fix itself, so the doctor wants to give her some time and that's why we will have another VCUG.  In 6 months time there should be some improvement, if there is going to be any.  So now we just pray for the VU reflux to be healed because then she would not need another surgery!

      As Trent is still unemployed, he took on the role of Mr. Mom when I went back to work.  As far as I can tell, he and the 2 girls are surviving. He is also home when the 2 big kids get off the bus.  This makes my day shorter because for the first time, I can come straight home from work!  Trent has mastered the Beco carrier, bottle feeding, and diaper changing (cloth!). Most days when I come home the 2 year old is still in her jammies, laundry is scattered about, and leftover lunch is on the table (its not as easy as you think Dads!)  He's doing a fantastic job and I am so glad he is able to be home with the baby because I cannot.  I feel somewhat helpless though as I can't do much to help him out during the day, especially days like yesterday that were filled with crying and poop!  This role reversal has given me a bit of an identity crisis as I see him do all "my" jobs.  I feel somewhat useless.....  I just try to remember that this is temporary.... and we are still figuring it all out!



1 comment:

  1. Oh Victoria! I am so glad that she is doing well! The pictures from the previous blog made me start to cry. I can't imagine having to watch your own baby go through so much. So thankful that God was there in the surgery and afterwards too! I will be praying that she will not need another surgery and that it is finished. Your husband is doing a great job as Mr. Mom I'm sure. It is not an easy one, but so glad he can be there while you are at school blessing other children that parents love.
    Enjoy one another! God bless!

    ReplyDelete